Saturday 27 July 2013

A Road Trip

Last Saturday I hopped in the car nice and early and headed off on a little road trip. I just love travelling along this road in the early morning.  The mountains in the distance always look magical.

July 2013 038

At home it was a horrible cold day, but by the time I had driven three hours to my destination, the weather was glorious.

July 2013 040

Yes, I joined the girls at the delightful Plough Inn at Cassilis for a day of stitching, chatting and eating….. so much eating….a lovely homemade lunch and rather decadent cakes.

July 2013 047

The weather was so nice that we ate our scrummy lunch out in the sunshine.

Here were are, me, Fiona, Julie (no blog), Lenore who has the patchwork shop at Merriwa (no blog), Susan, Lea and Raelee.

July 2013 041

The old royal hotel opposite the cafe would have been a great destination for a bike ride, but sadly it has been closed for some years.

July 2013 046

It wasn’t all about eating.  We were all very diligent, working away at our stitching…..and chatting……lots….

Now, I was a very slack blogger and didn’t take any other photos.  I was just too busy enjoying myself.  Pop over to the other girls’ blogs and you will see that we all had a fantastic day and were surprisingly productive. I hope to have my little project finished shortly, so will be able to share it then.

Thanks so much for having me join you.  With a bit of luck I may be able to join you again.

5 comments:

Susan said...

It was lovely to see you again......and such a long drive for some stitching time with friends.

Nicky said...

Looks like a wonderful day out with the girls...

Cardygirl said...

What a lovely day out with the girls!

Deb R said...

What a great day out! Nothing is better than sewing with friends!

Anonymous said...

It was great to catch up again Janice. Great photos too 😃