Sunday 31 July 2011

The Circle of Life and a OPAM Finish

Through the week we were saddened to hear of the death of an elderly dear friend.  However, he had been ill for quite some time, so it was a blessing that he is no longer in pain.

Life came full circle when we also received the news on Friday that some other dear friends had their first child.  They have called her Poppy Alexandra, which I think is a really pretty name.

This of course, was just the thing I needed to prompt me to get out my sewing machine after our holiday.  Our little sewing group met yesterday afternoon and I had these whipped up nice and quickly in amongst the chatter.  I love this pattern that Mum has been using for years, and now I use all the time.

JH 31 July 2011 081

I’m glad to have a little something finished for OPAM, so that I only ended up missing out on June.

3 comments:

Maria said...

I am sure Poppy Alexandra will love her wee bibs. So cute.

Jewells said...

Welcome back!... When did you arrive back home? Hard to adjust to "normal" life again?...cheers

Linda said...

Cute little bibs! Welcome back...has it been hard to get back in the swing of things?