Monday 26 April 2010

Recent Purchases & Cooking

I’ve finally taken photos of my recent purchases. This is the little collection from the day I met the Narromine ladies.

2010_0425April20100013

I’ve been eying off the book for a while, so treated myself.  It has some lovely little projects. I’m looking forward to playing with the flex frame on the left.  Hopefully that will be soon.

This is what came home from Springwood.

Well, this was actually from Glenbrook.  Primitive at Heart has a sale on all their craft supplies, so I bought up in anticipation of the Sue Spargo workshop I will be attending later in the year.

2010_0425April20100019

I brought home a rather eclectic mix of fabrics.

2010_0425April20100023

And, some cute handmade cards and a couple of patterns.

2010_0425April20100025

It was really hard to resist some of the lovely things on sale, but this is more than enough for now.

Now for the food.  One of my workmates gave me some lovely fresh rhubarb, so I made a rhubarb crumble cake for afternoon tea yesterday. 

2010_0425April20100009

Scrummy.  We had to have seconds.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your purchases look great, but what is a flexi frame and what is it used for?
Also, will you share your recipe ??
Or is it a family secret? LOL!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Janice love all your purchases...and yummy that looks so good....

Sandi said...

You always seem to find great things. It's wonderful to share home produce with friends too. Your rhubarb crumble cake would be the perfect afternoon tea to eat at this time of year.