Phew! Just made it!
Here are my few finishes for this month. I’ve made it with two and a half hours to spare.
All the sewing I’ve done since we came home from holidays is to use up the last little bit of the linen op shop skirt and the fat quarters I’d been playing with. There was very little of the fat quarters left, so a pincushion was the answer. It also used up the skirt button and a little bit of interesting selvedge from one of the fabrics.
So, this is the total of what I was able to make with the four fat quarters.
I still had the two set in pockets from the back of the skirt to do something with. I’d thought of using them in a bag, but didn’t get around to it so this is what I decided on.
Potholders! I used the quilt as you go method and then added the pocket as the backing, like so.
Here is the other potholder. It was a test run of a block for a jelly roll quilt, but I don’t think I’ll use it after all, but it is just fine for a potholder.
There is none of the skirt left and only about a two inch wide by 6 inch long strip of the light pink fat quarter. Therefore, now I can get stuck into something else next month. I can’t wait.
So I have 3 finishes for the OPAM Challenge, two string pieced items and I used what I had. You’ve got to be happy with that.
By the way, I’ve booked my seat on a coach going down to the quilt show at Darling Harbour in June. I can’t wait. With a bit of luck some other bloggers will be there.