Tuesday 11 August 2009

Cheeful Daffs & A Better Choice

Just look at my little daffs today. It is now Tuesday morning and they have opened up heaps. They look really cheerful on a bleak looking day. It is a really dull morning so the flash on the camera took over. I hope we will get some decent rain.
This is what I will be using for Mum’s quilt. I just wasn’t happy with my earlier choice, so went digging in my cupboards. I had forgotten all about this. I bought the printed panel and border fabric at Millthorpe a couple of years ago. It is cheating, but the quilt they had on display was gorgeous.
It will be a medallion with blue thin borders. The vines and Jacobean flowers are the first border, then I will do a scrappy flying geese border and then make it up as I go along, finishing with the lovely border fabric. I think Mum will like this better than the other.

And…..while I’ve been typing this it has started to rain. Send her down Hughy!

1 comment:

Sandi said...

The daffodils are looking beautiful.
That will be a lovely quilt, the colours really compliment the panel design.