Monday 6 July 2009

She's Got Mail

My Mum has her 80th birthday in the middle of October. I've been planning to make her a quilt for this occasion for some time.

As she loves blue wrens I've been eyeing off an applique wall hanging advertised in the patchwork magazines from Dragonfly Fabrics in Darwin. Finally, I got around to ordering it and some extra of the border fabric. (This was when I realised it is only 3 months till the big day - mild panic attack happening.)


On Friday it arrived safe and sound. (Very exciting, as I normally don't mail order any supplies.) The pattern is by Pat and Helen Godden and the colours used in the ads and the kit are slightly different to the ones pictured on the pattern cover.

The grand plan is to do the applique panel and then expand on it to become a double bed quilt. How I am going to do that is still one of life's mysteries. I'm sure I'll come us with somthing at the time.

2 comments:

Sandi said...

Looking forward to seeing the progress on this one.

Hen said...

Hi,
Just wanted to say thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. Im looking forward to having a read back through your blog, too.
Hen x